By browsing our website or using our systems or services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this policy and consent to the processing of your data and personal information in accordance with it, as applicable.
- Effective date
- Consent collection methods
- Purposes of data collection
- Data processing purposes
- Collected personal information
- Processing methods used
- Access and control of personal information
- Sharing and reasons for sharing personal information with third parties
- Retention of personal information
Respecting privacy and protecting personal information is essential to us. Therefore, through this Policy, we aim to protect them in accordance with applicable laws.
In order to ensure this protection, Distillerie Fove undertakes to collect, process, and share information that allows the identification of an individual only when the individual has consented, unless permitted or required by law, in which case your consent will not be necessary.
The Policy aims to inform users of the reasons and how Distillerie Fove, or any person acting on its behalf, will collect and use their personal information. It is intended to be in clear language to ensure informed consent from users.
For the purposes of this Policy, "personal information" means any information about an identifiable person or information that can identify a person. Where possible, we will anonymize, pseudonymize, and/or aggregate this information so that it no longer identifies an individual.
- Effective date:
This Policy is effective from July 1, 2023.
- Consent collection methods:
We are committed to obtaining consent before collecting an individual's personal information. Consent can be explicit or implicit and can be provided directly by the individual or by an authorized representative.
We prefer to obtain explicit consent, whether verbally, electronically, or in writing. However, implicit consent may be reasonably inferred from a person's action or inaction. For example, providing a name and address to receive a publication or providing a name and phone number to get a response to a question is considered implicit consent to the collection of information containing personal information. To determine the appropriate type of consent, we consider the sensitivity of the personal information involved, the purposes for which it is collected, and the reasonable expectations of a person in a similar situation.
If we want to use personal information for a new purpose, we will describe the intended use and request consent again.
However, it is not always possible, especially in the context of a request from the State, to obtain a person's consent to collect, use, or disclose their personal information. We are committed to never disclose this type of information, except in compliance with this Policy, unless required or permitted by law.
- Purposes of data collection:
Here are some reasons why we collect your personal information:
- To provide products and services: We will collect and process the necessary data and information to fulfill our mission and contractual obligations.
- To ensure and improve these products and services: The data collected during your interactions with our services may be used to analyze and improve the functioning of our products and services.
- To develop new products and services, as well as for AI: The collected data can be used in research and development to offer new products and services to our users, including through advertising and marketing messages. In addition, the collected and aggregated data may be processed by algorithms using artificial intelligence.
- To offer personalized products and services: The collection and analysis of data generated by your interactions with our services allow us to develop and create products and services that are relevant to best meet your cultural and entertainment needs, including anticipating adaptation measures for customers who require them.
- To evaluate the performance of products and services: Data is collected to obtain information about the benefits and drawbacks of our products and services to evaluate and address them if necessary, including through surveys. This allows us to ensure the quality of our products and services and facilitate risk management.
- To protect the privacy of our users: The collected data allows us to verify the identity and protect the privacy of individuals who communicate with us by phone, electronically, or otherwise.
- To comply with legal obligations: Data is collected to comply with obligations arising from laws, regulations, or international treaties.
- Collected personal information:
Distillerie Fove may collect personal information in various forms, but only by lawful means and only for the necessary purposes that have been disclosed to you, as described in this Policy, or as permitted or required by law.
The personal information collected, as well as its sensitivity, may vary depending on the context in which the interactions between you and Distillerie Fove occur. Therefore, we must inform you in advance of the nature of the personal information we use.
We protect all personal information collected. Among the personal information that may be collected and used, we pay particular attention to:
Name and contact details. First and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar data used to communicate with you.
Proofs of identity. Passwords, password hints, and other similar security information used to identify you and access your account.
Demographic data. Data about you such as your age, gender, country, and preferred language of communication.
Payment data. Data necessary for processing your payments, such as payment instrument number (e.g., credit card number) and associated security code.
Subscription data. Information about your subscriptions related to cultural events as well as newsletters from cultural companies.
Images and sounds. Audiovisual data used to ensure the security of our users, especially at cultural events for which we are organizers or hosts.
Interactions. Data related to your use of websites, platforms, and created tools. This includes data you provide to use the products. In other cases, such as error reports, it includes data we generate.
Other examples of interaction data we collect include:
- Data on visited sites and usage.
- Payment and account history. Data about the items you purchase and activities associated with your account.
- Troubleshooting and help data. Data you provide when contacting Distillerie Fove for assistance, including the products you use and other information that helps us resolve your issue.
- Interests and preferences. Data about your interests and preferences, such as the artists or music genres that make you attend concerts, the types of exhibitions and cultural events that interest you, and the cities you are willing to travel to for certain cultural events. Besides the information you explicitly provide, other data we collect sometimes allows us to determine or guess your interests and preferences.
- Content consumption data. Data about multimedia content (e.g., TV, video, music, audio, books, apps, and games) that you access through our products.
- Searches and orders. Search queries and orders you employ when using our website.
- Textual, input, and handwriting data. Textual, input, and handwriting data, as well as any related information.
- Location data. Data, which may be precise or imprecise, about the location of your device. For example, location data can be collected from a device's IP address or from data in your account profile that indicates your location with less precision, such as the name of a city or a postal code.
- Other data. Other data provided when using our website, including data from Google Analytics.
- Purposes of data processing:
Providing our products and services. We use data to operate our products and services and provide you with rich and interactive experiences. For example, purchasing a product in our online store.
Product and/or service improvement. We use data to improve our products, including adding new features or capabilities (error reporting when purchasing a product, etc.).
Personalization. Some products include personalized features, such as recommendations that optimize your experiences and satisfaction. These features use automated processes to tailor your experiences based on the data we have about you, such as deductions we make about you and your product usage, activities, interests, and location.
Product and/or service development. We use data to develop new products. For example, we use personal information that we anonymize or pseudonymize to better understand the needs of our customers.
Customer support. We use data to diagnose and resolve issues with products and/or services, restore access to your personal account, provide other support and assistance services.
Contributing to security and issue resolution. We use data to contribute to the security and resolution of issues related to our products and services. This includes using data to ensure the security of services offered to our customers, detecting malware and malicious activities, resolving performance and compatibility issues to help customers make the most of their experience, and informing them about updates to our products and services. This may include the use of automated systems to detect security issues.
Security. We use data to protect the security of our products and customers. Our security features can prevent the operation of malicious software and inform users of the detection of malware on their device or use video surveillance to ensure public safety at events.
Surveys and promotional communications. We use the data we collect to provide surveys and promotional communications. You can subscribe to email subscriptions, respond to surveys, and choose whether or not to receive promotional communications from Distillerie Fove via email, SMS, postal mail, and phone. For more information on managing your contact information, email subscriptions, and promotional communications, please refer to the Access and Control of Your Personal Information section of this Policy.
Relevant offers. Distillerie Fove uses data to provide you with relevant and important information about the products and services offered. We analyze data from different sources to predict the information that will be most interesting and relevant to you and communicate it to you in various ways. For example, we can predict your interests in terms of shows and offer you new activities that may interest you.
Advertising. Distillerie Fove uses data collected through its interactions with you, certain of our products, and third-party websites to advertise our products and services, including on third-party sites. We may occasionally use automated processes to make ads more relevant.
Business transactions. We use data to process your transactions with us. For example, we process payment information to provide customers with subscriptions to products and use contact information to deliver purchased products in our online stores/ticketing.
Reporting and business operations. We use data to analyze our operations and improve the decision-making process. This enables us to make informed decisions and report on the performance of our activities.
Protection of rights and property. We use data to detect and prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce contracts, and protect our property. For example, we use data to verify the validity of tickets sold to combat fraud. We may use automated processes to detect and prevent activities that violate our rights and those of third parties.
Legal compliance. We process data to comply with the law. For example, we use our customers' age to ensure compliance with our obligations regarding the privacy protection of children or to ensure that the customer meets the recommended age for the audience. We also process contact information and identifiers to assist customers in exercising their data protection rights.
Research. We use data for research purposes, including scientific and public interest research, where permitted by law.
- Processing methods used
Distillerie Fove attaches great importance to the security of your personal information and is committed to processing it in accordance with industry standards and practices, solely for the purposes for which it is collected as described in this policy or in a specific notice for this purpose.
As part of our commitment to compliance with standards and requirements, we provide you with essential information regarding the processing of your personal information in accordance with our initiative. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The retention of your personal data is subject to the following provisions:
- Personal information related to members of the Board of Directors (C.A.) is retained for a period of 7 years after the end of their mandate.
- The retention of personal information for other members and clients varies depending on the nature of the collected data, as specified in the complete inventory of personal information we hold. Please note that specific retention periods may apply depending on the data category.
Regarding the security of your data, we implement appropriate measures:
- Personal information is securely stored, whether in paper or digital form. Storage locations have been assessed for sensitivity and are adequately secured.
- Access to these storage locations is strictly limited to authorized personnel, ensuring the confidentiality of your data.
Regarding the destruction of personal information, we adhere to a precise schedule:
- Personal data in paper format is completely shredded.
- Personal data in digital format is completely deleted from all devices (computers, phones, tablets, external hard drives), servers, and cloud-based tools.
- We meticulously document the planned destruction dates based on the established retention period for each category of personal information.
- Destruction is carried out to ensure that personal information cannot be recovered or reconstructed.
We make every effort to protect your personal data and comply with industry standards and relevant regulations.
- Access and control of personal information
Distillerie Fove ensures that all personal information in its possession is as accurate, current, and complete as necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You have the right to request access to your personal information for verification purposes and to request correction if it is inaccurate. If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate or if you wish to access your personal information, you can make a request using the contact information provided at the end of this Policy.
To the extent of our capabilities, we will provide you with timely access to your personal information. However, for security reasons, we may need to verify your identity.
If your request concerns data appearing on third-party websites or platforms, please contact those third parties directly.
- Sharing and purpose of sharing personal information with third parties
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Distillerie Fove, except for our authorized providers and partners who need access to the information for the purposes listed in this policy and within its limits, as well as in the following cases:
- For storage in cloud servers, in which case personal information may transit through third-party jurisdictions. Note that we only retain the services of reputable companies with privacy policies.
Distillerie Fove is committed to not selling or renting your personal information to a third party.
- Cookies and similar technologies
The Fove.co website uses the following cookies :
- Google Cookie: Enables us to offer you a personalized experience on Google services (Analytics).
- Meta Cookie: Allows the use of the Meta Messenger ChatBot.
The cookies used are particularly used to retrieve search history and shopping carts (e.g., product purchases) associated with the session, to facilitate the user's online browsing experience. It is important to know that enabling the cookies option may, depending on the chosen configuration, allow other servers to install cookies on your system. You can configure your browser settings to inform you of the presence of cookies, giving you the option to accept them or not.
Please note that our website may contain links or references to third-party sites. This policy no longer applies when leaving our website, and Distillerie Fove is not responsible for the collection or processing of personal information by these third parties or through these external sources.
- Retention of personal information
Distillerie Fove retains collected data for different periods of time, depending on their nature and usefulness in providing our products and services. During the retention period, Distillerie Fove takes physical and technical measures to ensure the security of data containing personal information.
The main places where personal information is stored are the cities where Distillerie Fove has offices or facilities and the cities where Netlify has servers containing the data collected by Distillerie Fove.
Personal information may be stored outside the country in which you live if a third-party provider or other entity to whom we disclose personal information in accordance with this Policy is located outside the country. In such cases, personal information may be subject to the local laws of the countries or territories where the information is collected, used, disclosed, or stored, and the government authorities and law enforcement agencies of those countries or territories may have access to it.
Once the retention period has expired, personal information is destroyed. Only statistics or reports containing depersonalized and anonymized data may be retained for extended periods of time.
Changes to these rules:
Person responsible for compliance:
Founder and President
5628, rue Saint-Urbain, Montréal (Québec) H2T 2X3 Canada